Monday 12 January 2015

YOU ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE.

image
When you hold a butterfly in your hand, you have two choices to make: one you can open your hand & let it fly away or two you can crush it in the palm of your hand & take away its very breath. This all comes down to making a decision, no one can ever justify themselves of having no choice. Most times we defend ourselves when we are forced to do something destructive & negative by playing the “i had no choice card”.
We need to understand that we always have a choice. A basic example is believing whether there is God or not, it is all up-to you to decide, “do i want to believe in a supernatural being whom i can’t see or this is all a hoax a figment of our imagination”. That my friends is one of the mysteries of life we can’t solve but by faith we believe. Every now and then i have been hearing people tell me continuously that they are quite busy and that they don’t have any free time.
I am always left asking myself, “what is this am busy bug everyone calms to have”. I get it, life is a hustle and we are all trying to make ends meet but come on, you can’t tell me that you are so caught up in your schedule that you do not have time for a breather. I think we use this card as a defense mechanism to wade off people. I get it, there are times that having an hour to oneself is like asking for a miracle.
It may be so, but am sure that one can spare a minute or two, to just relax from the fast moving life. Anyway we all have choices to make, whether to let ourselves get enslaved by the works of life or to learn to give ourselves a breather, a time to just to let it all out. Time and again people complain of not being able to find any happiness or joy in their lives. They always feel drained of the little joy they try to store for themselves.
A friend of mine started a small exercise where she said that for a 100 days she is going to be happy no matter what. At first i was puzzled by what she was trying to show me. She explained that we are the ones who are responsible for our own happiness. She said that happiness is an inside job and it all starts with me and not anyone else. Which is quite true, if you want to be jovial, you have to find something that brings you joy.
As for her, i have never seen her that happier. She walks in joy, talks in it and even baths in it. You can start your own 100 days of happiness or even more and decide no matter what my happiness will be my first priority, the choice is yours. I have been a victim of saying, “am so stressed & i don’t know what to do”. This used to be my excuse when i couldn’t figure out a solution to a tough problem or issue. It took me a while to realize that am stressing myself for nothing.
Having realized that, i formulated a plan which will leave me stress free and more at ease. I said to myself, problems will always be there no matter what, so the best way to deal with them is to start with the simpler ones first then progress to those which are more complex. This way am able to handle all that is on my plate one at a time. I soon realized it is always up-to me to let a situation get to me or not. You but have to make the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment