Monday 12 January 2015

MY MOTHERLAND.

480792_4054881729321_126123761_n
I love my country Kenya, a great land full of rich African heritage. I am not saying that it is not tainted with all sorts of issues that we see in the news but it is a small haven. It is indeed my motherland, ever since i was a young lad i have always loved being part of this great nation. Where people of various tribes, races, religions and back grounds have graced this wonderful nation and tried to co-exist with each other.
I have grown up knowing that i was born in the right era and that i have seen the birth and growth of a nation like no other. The coastal regions of this land are visited by a good number tourists from various parts of the globe. All wanting a piece of what my country has to offer. The hot sandy beaches, the magnificent collection of majestic wildlife, the social people, the rich African heritage evidenced by the various tribes of the land and so forth.
In my motherland, we strive to make the most of our natural resources. Leave alone all the negativity about the few individuals that try and seize all the goodies for themselves, but focus on the people who aim at bettering the image and reputation of the land. Kenya is indeed a rich country full of resources that if well used can take us to greater heights. We  are yet to commence the journey of a thousand miles but it all begins with a single step to reach our optimum goal.
If you Google Kenya, the various searches will depict it as being a sovereign state with one of the largest cities in East Africa, a country to tour, enjoy the wildlife and learning a good number of cultures. I was born and raised in this country filled with hopes of a better future and nurtured in the ways of my people. I am proud to be Kenyan and to be described as the son of Africa. For in me burns the flames of deep African heritage to be shared with the world.
I do pray that the great Almighty God will continuously bless this nation, to be an example to others. As is clearly portrayed in our National Anthem the pride of us all. In the first stanza it states.”O God of all creation, Bless this our land and nation, Justice be our shield and defender, May we dwell in unity, Peace and liberty, Plenty be found within our borders”. Now that is what I call a powerful symbol of a nation, sweet to the ears, flowing on the tongue and touching the very core of anyone’s heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment