Tuesday 8 September 2020

WORK IT OUT.


Hello my peoples, hoping that the week has so far being kind to you. Well, here it has been all about having an intimate & closed door affair with the blankets & hot mugs of coffee. The cold that has been, is like it is out for a revenge mission intentionally migrating from the north pole to wretch havoc in its path. You put out clothes to dry but no lack, every day it is glum, dark & drizzling to top it all, it is so damn cold.

I have looked at my toes & folding them has become an adventure. You try & man up & take a cold shower & realize it is never that serious. I think only me, myself & I know that I have not bathed (ooh now you also know). What is a roll on/perfum for but to help in this hard & testing times & taking a French bath will do the trick (for those who aren’t aware a French bath entails washing only the essential arears of the body, the rest time will tell).

Mother nature has decided her time has come to enjoy the outside, humans to take shelter indoors. Looking at the parking lot, many folks have opted that work can be done from the house, it is not a must to go to the office (sio lazima, au sio!). Anyways, I am hoping & praying that this Tuesday/Monday/Wednesday here is treating you much fairly & that you are still in good health.

Well, I shall continue praying that our paths shall continue to cross in this here platform so that we become well acquainted with one another. So, here is the story of the day. Once upon a time I was a young las. Full of energy like a jack rabbit, troublesome, mischievous, noisy, one to enjoy the pleasures of dirtifying oneself with dirt without a care in the world. In one of my abnormal days as a child, I opted to go get some ice from the ice man.

Knowing that the sun is hot & beating down like the tum tum drums required a defender of its own. I opted to get me one ice pop, why not it was just but a shilling. There I go off to get this cold pop that would help me revenge against the heat. I get to the ice man & ask him for a blue one knowing since this was my favorite colour just may be lady luck will be in my favour.

However, when he opened his cooler there to my amazement were all colors staring at me. I thought to my wise self why not take 2 more I would be better protected from the scorching sun. Little did I know, that I was no match for the heat that was to come. It was like punishment for trying to outdo mother nature. Here in my hands were 3 ice pops all looking tasty & colorful.

Then one by one they started melting faster than I could consume them. Heading home all smeared in coloured ice, looking as if I had tried to do tie & die but failing miserably. Regret was starting to dawn on me quickly & disappointment written all over my tear covered face, then I started to do the little math that I knew.

Trying to comfort myself by stating if I had stuck to my singular ice pop maybe I would have achieved something to beat the sun at its own game, but since I thought I could conquer the day I ended up nearly losing everything but holding onto the wooden sticks of the ice pops.

Why am I trying to take you back to your childhood memories not to reminisce on the days that were but more so to show you that we have all been here before. As the commonly stated proverb says, “a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush”. Some may agree with this, others may be having their ‘rungus’ ready to clobber sense in me, shouting, “away with him”.

Please note am not saying that we should always hold onto something until eternity but to subject ourselves to wisdom if not from our inner self but for those who have been there before us. Let me come closer home, for men we are the creatures of sight, we see, we like, we want, we go after.

We have a woman who has a heart that is in the right place, behavior is on point, mannerism could humble any idiot but then we chance upon a fine looking woman whose curves could literally remove the snake from the pit (“yani kumtoa nyoka pangoni”). We don’t have any understanding about the inner workings but what we can see we want.

So in all foolishness we decide let us leave the person who has been having our back & go for someone whose looks will get tails wagging & tongues tied (not saying that fine/hot looking women/men are the devil incarnates). Anyway we fall for that we simply understand from the face value & not the in-depth content.

We become so torn when we see something more shiny, more beautiful, more powerful, more tasteful, more digital, more technical but can’t come to terms with the realities of the simplified. We need to check ourselves & ask, is it worth keeping that which is with me or should I discard it without a second thought?

I am not saying that you should be in a toxic environment & decide to ride the wave. Or be with a non-functional gadget & stick to it till you wrap it in rubber bands to hold it together. It is all about, is there value in the things that you hold dear & is change required & in what direction should you move? Think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment