Sunday 7 February 2021

YOU ARE NO PILLAR OF SALT!


Do you ever feel disheartened by the loss of hope or when the heart is broken into countless pieces. As it is said, you never know the pain until it hits home. Right now we are in a virus ravaged world where we are looking up to God & hoping that our scientists can dish out those jabs to save lives faster than people are becoming infected. 

What a time to be alive? Where our very lives can be easily doused off like a candle with the snap of a finger or the blow of the fierce gust of wind. Where to turn, who to look up to, when to resign to fate, what to give up & how to cope are no longer easy options that come up like clicking a prompt to either accept or deny the same.

Every time that you make a step forward in trying to better yourself. a key factor to take into consideration is the ripple effect that occurs like skipping a stone over water. The question to ask oneself in this rainy day or is it night is, what keeps you together? Is it love, hate, anger, family, close friends, the love of your job, your dark side? 

It is indeed a time to self reflect on that which drives & ensures that you are all in one piece by the end of it all. A good number of us are used to being lone rangers, always doing things by ourselves. Every time keeping everything that we are going through, close to the chest. 

Let me tell you that I have fallen from grace & off the band wagon & nearly lost all hope on several occasions. I have taken on the desires of the world & indulged to the fullest to the leeching vices. My saving grace has been the love of music. If you have met me, you will notice that I get consumed in the music that is in my phone. 

The discovery of the various genre of gospel music in my younger days got me hypnotised. Worship music gets me in the feelings, just taking me like a prisoner of war heavily sedated. While reggae gospel music gets me going like "listen to the message", reggae fans can relate.

What am simply saying is that my love for God has connected me to Him via music. I recently made a discovery of a Christian gospel group called Maverick City Music. If you go to YouTube you find them via their page called Tribl. They do curated, spontaneous worship music that makes you feel like heaven has opened up just next door. 

This has been quite a salvation for me. Music & not just any music but God glorifying music has steered me straight & kept me sane. I learned that God does not care what you have done, where you come from, how your past was, when you fell but that you realise that you are worthy. 

I am not telling you that you should follow God but for me, He has been the best option that I have personally encountered by following in His steps. Hence, being my grounding when things have been good or bad or worse. It has not been an easy journey but knowing that I can take refugee in one who is greater than I gives me the hope, faith, strength, courage to take on life. 

Also, having a life partner who has been my rock, listening ear, shoulder to lean on, hand to hold onto & so forth has steered me on to my destiny. You may all wonder to yourselves, but I don't have that how can I hold on? Well, some of us may have bosom buddies who have been with you through it all. 

When you have someone who corrects you when you stumble like a drunk, helps you to steady your feet & sober up, then my friend you have an anchor. You may ask, what if my friend is not there? Then, you can turn to your band of brothers/sisters. What I mean is having a group of trust worthy persons whom are there for you if & when the need arises. 

I am blessed enough to have a group from church who are part of the Man Enough programme. These are strangers who have turned to be brothers, having come to appreciate each other through our similar paths. If you are a family person, you may put your family as your stronghold. 

Am sure you have had someone say, "I will do anything for my wife/husband/daughter/son/brother/sister". What they mean is that, this person is who they can do all that is humanly possible for them come rain or high water. Other times, we may turn to reading but then the question will be what is it that you are consuming? 

I have come to appreciate several writers like the writers of the Bible, Robin Sharma, George Clason, Tim Lahaye, Dr. Emerson & so on. At times it takes one a moment to stop, step back, reflect & take decisive action to see where they are going or are headed. When you discover that which works for you, you latch onto it & go for a spin. 

Most important is to know that you are not the only person fighting for your life. We are all on different trails but need to forge forth & make the most of it. Who/What is your anchor?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment