Tuesday 23 February 2016

YOUR WHEEL HOUSE.


There you are, I see that the day has been rough on you. You look all exhausted &  drained from the day's shenanigans. No worries, we all are sailing in the same boat & believe me others even had it worse. At least you are now heading home to take your mind of the happenings of the past couple of hours that have left you devoid of any feeling, your head feels heavy, your feet hurt, your hands ache, your eyes are sore & so forth. 

Right now you may feeling like telling the world to stop you get off but you shouldn't be so quick to jump ship. Have you ever considered that there are others who are envious of your position in society & they consider you lucky. At the moment you may think that I have lost my mind (I may have been dropped when I was a baby) but for just a moment ask yourself, am I favoured in life in anyway?

It may seem like a strange thing to ask yourself, but look at it as a way of self examination. Do I have clothes to cover my nakedness? Do I have food to eat? Do I have somewhere I can lay my weary bones? Do I have a way of earning a living? I am able to use some or all of my limbs? Did I wake up this morning alive & not sick? You see this are just simple basic every day questions & not far fetched ideologies to broaden your scope on living.

In all this am just trying to make you see a bigger picture as compared as to how at this very moment you feel like as if you could take a six months holiday twice. I want you to understand that yes we do have bad & some times disastrous days, but that does not mean it is the end of the world. We are all human beings & we have our own basic needs to be satisfied that are necessary for our functionality to be at a constant.

One of the key things that I have come to realise is that our mind sight is what makes us fall short of our expectations. We dwell so much in the negative aspects of this life we fail to appreciate the brighter side of things. We are so ingrained that things will never improve & that nothing will ever change we become stupified when blessings come our way. Indeed even if the rapture was to happen we will still be doubtful of any positive outcome.

It is that single thought in our mind that can enslave us to be bound by its notion, we may even decline to take any meaningful step towards bettering ourselves. Am guessing those who are now in matatus going home have a frowny face with the excuse that they are tired & from work. Why not a jolly face since you are still alive & have seen yet another evening, but hey each to his/her own.

If you want happiness in your life, it does not start with your outside environment but more so within yourself. Your every thought deters how your day will be like. If you decide to change your mind set you shall eventually see the change that you deserve. What you think can either build you or destroy you. When you want to be happy it will not just happen with a snap of your fingers, this is not Aladdin & the magic lamp.

You have to work on yourself, the company you keep, the food you eat, the books you read, the places your visit, the words you speak to yourself. If you want a different result that will bring something desirous your way, you must take the first step to change your approach on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment