Monday 9 February 2015

EASY IS NOT AN OPTION.


Over the weekend, I had some me time (just a bit of quiet alone time) to reflect on how the gears of the clock of life work. I gazed at the far off horizon, admiring the greenness of the fertile land, wondering why is life so damn hard with every step I take towards living my dreams. "Kweli hili gurudumu la maisha tutalisikuma".

No wonder am balding so fast with all this thinking, calculating, strategising & trying to ensure that I have a bright & well grounded future. Eiiish & the way 'saa hii niko kwa shamba la mawe'. Making it in this life has become like the battle of the Titans, nothing is coming easy but what can I do but hold on to the little strength I have & forge forth.

No worries, I have not yet lost my mind but come to think of it, is there really any sanity left in each of us in the way we are been bombard by the harsh reality of life & been drained of every ounce of energy within us. All in all am thankful for seeing each new day, for the breath of life is such a precious gift. 

I was fortunate enough to get some inspiration from the Scripture (the 66 book love letter), reading Philippians 4:13 it is written, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". That right there is like a power bank fully charging your ummf, which got me thinking what if we could brave the tough times, am sure we would emerge on top though scathed but nonetheless victorious.

How we let our circumstances deter the path upon which our fate lies. Look, I don't know what you have been through to get to where you are right now, but what I do know is your future is in your hands & not in the world's. Just because something is not happening for you right now does not mean that it will never happen.

You need to have the patience & strength to overcome all obstacles that may pop up in your life. You can always take the easy way out & give up, but know this that real strength comes when you decide to keep on pushing no matter what your circumstances are. It does not matter whether you fall, how hard you fall, how many times you fall: what matters is whether you got back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment