Thursday 10 December 2020

MIND TRICKS!


Let me tell you something, today has been the best day I have ever had since the flow of air into thy lungs. Do you want to know why? Are you curious enough for what I am about to lay on you. Let me just go ahead & tell you before you pick your stones.  

I got to celebrate yet another year of being on this beautiful, wonderful & colourful world. In all of my life, I have never had such an honour as the one I have had today. The number of wishes on this day of being birthed have overwhelmed me as a person who never celebrates such as day or gives it a second thought. 

They say when the clock strikes midnight that is when things go bump in the night, but not this day. It has been one heck of a day that has humbled me into the corner like a small child to think about all it is that I am blessed with. For starters, my family's love has poured in like hot lava making me wonder in awe as to what a privilege that I have to be alive. 

Then there is this running club that am in "TJ", this has been the most impactful non-blood family that I have had the God given chance to be part of. They may seem like strangers but their love, care & concern is like no other & their stand with one of their own has no other comparison. 

More surprisingly I got treated to a hearty meal (don't judge me am foodious) by my lovely wife, who through it all didn't tell me of the plans that she had in store for my shocked self. I have been bombarded with gifts that have nearly made me lose consciousness not because of being light headed but more so being overcome with emotion. 

This will be the day that I will in all honesty never forget it. As I pen this, I thank all who are in my life both from near & far as well as the almighty God who has granted me such an opportunity to be breathing his free air. Well now, did you know that the engine room that we call our mind has a critical role it plays in your everyday living. 

Let me ask you, have you ever had a self-meeting, where you & yourself had to get a few things cleared up in a quiet session. It may feel strange but have you not had those moments you have found yourself talking to yourself because of how your day is going or trying to resolve an issue that has been bugging you like a stubborn migraine. 

That is what am talking about, the moment you are in your own space trying to convince yourself about a decision made, to be made or has been made. It may sound insane, but if you are to say the truth you have had such moments. You can come closer & tell me, if not you can whisper in my ear, I won’t tell anyone, I promise. 

Don’t fret, if you haven’t had such an experience don’t feel left out you are also part of us. There are times in our lives that we get to question our conduct in matters that affect our everyday living or interactions. There is a belief that what we think most times tries to get actualized by manifesting itself in the real world. 

Thus, the thought gets translated into a reality & at times it may shock or surprise us to the extent we get taken aback like as if hit by a jolt of electricity. If you are a sports person you will get to experience this phrase a number of times, “mind over matter”. 

Most of the times you will see your fellow sport people saying this to encourage you not to concentrate on the pain you are feeling but on more so on what it is that you want to achieve at that moment. It may seem that your body wants to completely shut down but you are there thinking to yourself that I need to get to the finish line. 

Then there are those situations you are pursuing that lady whom you want to be your better half but the barriers you are facing are too many you nearly want to give up. There may also be instances you are continuously trying to get that job or deal but obstacles keep on popping up like pot holes that make it seem like as if you are doing nothing. 

This may be quite frustrating but it is all upon you not to give up on what is putting you down. What you think of yourself & your actions is what matters the most to you & not what the world should think of you. If you shackle yourself to the thought of the world you shall continue to be a prisoner in your own mind as you shall conform to what is expected of you & not what you expect of yourself. 

Never let an outsider be the determining factor of how you view yourself. The moment you take the stand & make your claim that you are your own person you shall achieve change in your life in ways that will surprise you. When you change how you view yourself & how you act there is nothing that will be beyond your reach. 

It may seem like a cliché but know that it takes 21 days to take up a habit through continuous repetitive action. The serenity that ought to be in your mind is what will create an aurora of tranquility that will make you think better of yourself & see your worth without fear or favour. 

If in your own eyes you don’t appreciate who you are, where you have come from & where you are meant to go, you shall continue to go in circles round & round like the merry go round. Take a moment & look at your life & see if there have been times of self-doubt that have made you be hesitant in taking up the leap of faith. 

Looking closer home when you have had that moment of denial that you are capable of achieving a certain fete. We are what we think of ourselves but that does not mean that it should define who we are. When the seed of doubt gets implanted it grows & becomes fear & paralyses one to a state of “I can’t do it”. Just like in a game of chess, you determine the next move to take.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment